Events on Friday & Saturday will be held @ the Hostel Shoppe!
Sunday's "SUPER TOUR" starts @ The Jensen Center in Amherst, Wisconsin.
Events, prices, dates and times are subject to change.
Last updated 3-4-14.
August 8th, 2014 - Hostel Shoppe
STORE HOURS- 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN - 10:00 am to 7:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe.
ICE CREAM RIDE - Mass Start! - 1:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe, Stevens Point, WI - Friday afternoon- Two distances 14.5 and 23 miles - It’s a great way to get the weekend rolling. Pick up your registration packet and join us for a mass start. A Sag vehicle will be on this ride.
BISTRO 212° Ice Cream Social - 2:15 to 3:30 pm
After a ride, you deserve a treat!
Charge: $5/person – Includes Sales Tax, Pre-registration Required
MENU • 2 scoops of Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry Ice Cream
• Hot Fudge, Caramel, Whipped Cream
• Cherries, Bananas, Nuts, Sprinkles
August 9th, 2014 - Hostel Shoppe
STORE HOURS- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Visit the Hostel Shoppe after you get done with test rides.
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN - 7:00 am - 6:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe.
FREE Complimentary Coffee and Coffee Cake - 7:00 am
While supplies last.
MORNING TOURS - 7:30 am - Five routes @ the Hostel Shoppe. Enjoy routes with tour leaders and sag wagons on each route. Marked routes will be east of Stevens Point on lightly traveled roads. Route Distances To Be Announced.
The Hostel Shoppe is teaming up again with the Boys & Girls Club of Portage County to provide two bike events on Saturday. The Tour de BGC bike-a-thon will also be happening in the Stevens Point Business Park. If you're bringing the kids or grandkid's, you can join the Rich Johnson Family 4 mile Ride/Walk at 10:30 am.
Click here for more info.
Rest Stops provided by the Boys and Girls Club. Donations Welcome.
TEST RIDES- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe. Those new to recumbent riding can test ride a bike. Meet industry reps and ride their latest bikes.
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Test ride a bike from our select group of demo recumbents.
- 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm - E-Trike test rides. - Test ride the Scorpion fs26 Pedelec and the ICE Adventure HD with the Bionx SL350 HT RR XL. Sign-up sheet required - first come, first serve. One lap only.
- 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Test ride a bike from our select group of demo recumbents.
Helmets are required!
SWAP MEET- 10:00 am to 3:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe. Buy or sell used equipment! Add to your stable or clean out the garage to make room for a new bike! Free to registered rally participants. You are responsible for all monetary transactions.
LUNCH - Catered by: Adventure 212 - 12:00 to 2:00 pm @ Adventure 212 Includes Sales Tax and Gratuity, Pre-registration Required.
BOX LUNCH MENU:
All lunches will include: 1 side of fruit salad, 1 pickle wedge, 1 cookie or 1 gluten free dessert bar, Self serve iced tea, lemonade and water.
Veggie Avocado Wrap with Marinated Assorted Vegetables and Avocado with Organic Mixed Greens and Sunflower Seeds - $11/person
Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap with Lowfat Yogurt Dressing, Organic Mixed Greens, Cucumber and Walnuts - $11/person
BIG Roast Beef and Cheddar Wrap served Rare with Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, Red Onion, Garlic Mayo and Organic Mixed Greens. Includes 1 extra cookie - $14/person
Kid’s Lunch Box: Peanut Butter and Jelly* 1 side of fruit salad, 1 cookie or 1 gluten free dessert bar, milk and water - $5.50/person - 10 & under
*Note: Any wrap can be made with an exceptional Gluten Free Bread if specified when ordered. Guests will also be able to supplement their lunches with either a (4 ounce portion size) Mediterranean Pasta Salad and/or German Potato Salad.
• Mediterranean Pasta Salad - $1.50/serving
• German Potato Salad - $1.50/serving
- To Be Announced
Fun Contests! Win cool prizes! Info Coming Soon!
Thanks to Rudy Rack for supplying bike racks for the rally!
Those wishing to eat lunch or order a t-shirt are encouraged to pre-register by July 26th. Only limited amounts will be available on a first come, first serve basis - and all registrations received after July 26th will pay the higher price.
August 10th, 2014 - Jensen Center, Amherst, WI
STORE HOURS- Closed on Sunday
THE "SUPER TOUR"- 8:00 am to 2:00 pm - Wrap up the Rally with a scenic recumbent tour on beautiful, lightly traveled, well-paved back roads around Amherst, WI. Park in the Amherst High School lot and be ready to leave from The Jensen Center @ 8:00 am. Routes are to be announced. The ride will take place weather permitting. Maps and sag wagon service will be provided. We will try to provide for different riding speeds by having two group leaders to ride with different groups.
LUNCH - Catered by: Ambrosia's - served from 11:30 to 1:30 pm Includes Sales Tax and Gratuity, Pre-registration Required.
MENU • Ambroasted chicken, Harvest Vegetable bake (vegetarian), Parsley buttered potatoes, Chateau vegetable blend (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, yellow squash and zucchini), cucumber salad, fruit salad, dinner rolls, cookie, lemonade, iced tea and water - $12.50/person - $6.75/children 10 & under
Super Tour Riders are encouraged to pre-register by July 26th to ensure adequate meals are prepared. Those registering after July 26th will pay higher rates and availability is not guaranteed.
Now Available Online!
Get the shirt from this year's rally or replace the one the dog ate. Show the world you attended the original and best recumbent rally! Limited quantities and sizes available.
Here's a list of nearby establishments to satisfy those post-ride munchies.
- Amber Grill
Located in the Holiday Inn Hotel - Stevens Point. (715) 344-9808
Amber Grill Website
- Applebee's Restaurant
Located on Hwy 10 north of the Hostel Shoppe - Stevens Point. (715) 345-0186
- Bistro 212
Located next door at Adventure 212. (715) 343-0212
Bistro 212 Website
- Central Waters Brewing Company
Located in Amherst, WI. Open Fridays 4-9 pm & Saturdays 3-9 pm. (715) 824-2739
Central Waters Website
- Charcoal Grill
Offering wood-fired pizzas and hamburgers, along with a contemporary mix of other favorites. Located in the Crossroad Commons across from the Business Park.
- Chili's Restaurant
Located in the Crossroad Commons across from the Business Park.
- Culver's Restaurant
Located on Hwy 10 - Stevens Point. (715) 341-8666
- El Mezcal Restaurant
Located at 5720 Windy Dr. off Hwy 10 - Stevens Point. (715) 342-1521
- Golden Corral
This buffet-style restaurant offers a vast array of foods. Located near Best Buy in the Crossroad Commons, across from the Business Park.
- Grazies Italian Grill
"Fresh from Scratch" Italian food. Located on Hwy 10 in Stevens Point.
- Hilltop Pub & Grill
Located on Hwy 10 at I39. (715) 341-3037
Located near Best Buy in the Crossroad Commonds across from the Business Park.
- Mikey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Located 3018 Village Park Drive in Plover, WI. (715) 544-0157
- O'so Brewing Company
Located 3028 Village Park Drive in Plover, WI. (715) 254-2163
O'so Brewing Company Website
In the mood for a cup of joe or a muffin? Starbucks is a stone's throw away. Located in the Crossroad Commons across from the Business Park.
Fresh and quick sub sandwiches, salads, wraps, and more. Located in Stevens Point on CTY R across from the Hostel Shoppe.
- The Bamboo House
Located 3012 Village Park Drive in Plover, WI. (715) 342-0988
The Bamboo House Website
- To Be Announced
If you are a recumbent industry professional, and are interested in presenting or exhibiting at the 2014 Rally, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm subject matter, dates and times. The Midwest Recumbent Rally is the premier recumbent gathering in the US and is a great way to meet hundreds of very enthusiastic riders face to face!
To Be Announced
All Rally participants will be charged a $15 fee for 2014. These costs include test rides, porta-potties, route marking, map printing and sag service. Rather than eliminating some of the services and keeping the Rally free, we have elected to continue holding a high quality event and charge a small fee. Your understanding is appreciated!
Meals and t-shirts are a little extra, but worth it! Pricing information is available on the registration form below, and is subject to change. Pre-registration must be received by July 26th for discounted rates.
- Online Registration Form - - print it, sign it and mail it in with a check or money order.
- Call Toll Free: - 800-233-4340 - Please have your credit card information ready.
- Day-of Registration - Stop by and sign the release waiver and enjoy the festivities. Limited number of t-shirts and meals will be available day-of — first come, first serve.
Nature Treks - Has Volae recumbents for rent. Located in Stevens Point, WI. Call them at 715-254-0247 or visit them at their website.
Nature Treks Website
Thanks to all who shared pictures and stories!
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2013 Ice Cream Ride Video by Ron Friedel
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2013 Photos - by Steve Besley
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2013 Photos - by Ann Marie King
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2013 Photos
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2012 Video by ICE Trikes
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2012 Photos - by Steve Besley
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2012 Photos - by Steve Besley
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2012 Video - by Sherman Moyer
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2012 Photos - by Jessie Bostic
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2012 Videos - by Andy Erler
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2011 - by Mark Cole
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2010 - by Mark Cole
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2010 - by Brian Martin
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2009 - by Mark Cole
Midwest Recumbent Rally 2009 - by Todd Grant
David Lawson's 2006 Experience
Due to the typical high volume of summer activities and events in August, we suggest you make lodging reservations as early as possible.
Stevens Point - Plover
- Comfort Inn Plover
(715) 342-0400 - 1560 American Drive, Plover, WI. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. - Complimentary Breakfast Buffet, Complimentary Cocktail, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services, Sundry Shop.
Comfort Inn Website
- Country Inn & Suites
(715) 345-7000 - 301 N. Division Street, Stevens Point. 7 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
(715) 341-5110 - 5110 Main St, Stevens Point - I-39 and Hwy 10 intersection, 3 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Econo Lodge Inn Website
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
(715) 342-9300 - Stevens Point - Hwy 10 East near I-39/10 intersection, 2.5 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Rooms offer ample space for those wishing to bring their bikes into the rooms. Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Pool, Spa, 24 Hour Fitness Center, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Business Center with computer and printer.
Fairfield Inn Website
- Hampton Inn Plover
(715) 295-9900 - 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Adjacent to I-39, exit 153, next to Menards. - Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services.
Hampton Inn Website
- Holiday Inn
(715) 344-0200 - 1001 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Holiday Inn Website
- Holiday Inn Express
(715) 344-0000 - 1100 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Holiday Inn Express Website
- La Quinta
(715) 344-1900 - 4917 Main St, Stevens Point - I-39 and Hwy 10 intersection, 3 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
La Quinta Stevens Point Website
- Best Western Grand Seasons Hotel
(715) 258-9212 - 110 Grand Seasons Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point.
Best Western Waupaca Website
- Comfort Suites at Foxfire
(715) 942-0500 - 199 Foxfire Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point.
Comfort Suites Website
Bed & Breakfast
- Amherst Inn Bed & Breakfast
(888) 211-3555 - 303 South Main Street, Amherst, WI. 15 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Amherst Inn Website
- Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast
(715) 258-3107 - E3192 Apple Tree Lane, Waupaca, WI. 28 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Apple Tree Website
- Artha Sustainable Living Center - Bed & Breakfast
(715) 824-3463 - 9784 County Road K, Amherst, WI. 20 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
- Dreams of Yesteryear Bed & Breakfast
(715) 341-4525 - Located on Brawley St. - Stevens Point
Dreams of Yesteryear Website
- Victorian Swan Bed & Breakfast
(715) 345-0595 - 1716 Water Street, Stevens Point
Victorian Swan Website
- Portage County Parks - Reservations @ www.co.portage.wi.us or by mail. Reservations can be made 11 months in advance.
- Collins Park
20 miles NE of Stevens Point
- DuBay Park
15 miles NW of Stevens Point
- Jordan Park
6 miles N of Stevens Point
- Lake Emily Park
12 miles SE of Stevens Point
- Wisconsin State Park - (715) 258-2372
- Hartman Creek State Park
23 miles SE of Stevens Point